Born 28 December 1755, Flatbush, Kings Co., New York to Son of Lewis Morris and Sarah Gouverneur. Brother of Mary Morris, Lewis Morris, Staats Long Morris, Richard Morris and Euphemia (Morris) Ogden.
He died 10 January 1844 - Butternuts, Otsego Co., NY, age at death: 88 years old.
He was a general? [kaf] The town of Morris was formed from the Town of Butternuts April, 1849. The town was named after General Jacob Morris, the son of Lewis Morris a signer of the Declaration of Independence, who was granted land due to property lost during the revolution.
Son of Lewis Morris and Mary (Walton) Morris Brother of Catharine (Morris) Lawrence, Mary (Morris) Lawrence, Lewis Morris, William Walton Morris, Helena Magdalena (Morris) Rutherfurd, James Morris, Staats Morris and Richard Valentine Morris Husband of Mary (Cox) Morris — married 22 Nov 1758 in Philadelphia, Husband of Sophia (Pringle) Morris — married 1 Mar 1830 [location unknown]
- Lewis Lee b. July 27, 1778
- John Cox b. Aug 27, 1781, d. July 2, 1849
- Richard Valentine Morris b. Sept 18, 1782
- Mary Ann Morris b. Aug 27, 1784
- George Morris b. Dec 19, 1786 dy Dec 19, 1787
- Sarah Sabina Morris Kean b. Aug 21, 1788
- Censa Morris b. May 6, 1791 dy July 2, 1791
- Jacob Walton b. Nov 18, 1792
- Catherine Cox Morris Prentiss b. Feb 18 1795
- William Augustus Pringle Morris b. Oct 23, 1796 d. Jan 11, 1820
- James Elliott Morris b. Aug 2, 1800 dy. April 19, 1802
- Charles Valentine Morris b. May 4, 1802
Profile manager: Mary Van Deusen private message [send private message] Morris-12910 created 6 Apr 2016
Gouverneur Morris (1752 - 1816) Born 31 Jan 1752 in City of New York, Province of New York, British America.
Son of Lewis Morris and Sarah Gouverneur. Brother of Mary Morris, Lewis Morris, Staats Long Morris, Richard Morris and Euphemia (Morris) Ogden
Husband of Ann Cary (Randolph) Morris.
Died 6 Nov 1816 in New York City, New York.