The Nixon Mask and Questionnaire
Calling all Nixon Masks (And all Nixon Mask Lovers!)
The Main Street Museum in White River Junction, Vermont, wants to hear from you about your Nixon Mask! (Or all about your desires relating to Nixon Masks, even if you have never owned or borrowed one!)
Just paste responses to any of these questions into a reply email and send the mess back to NixonMaskSurvey@aol.com
Some of the most interesting answers may be posted at the Main Street Museum website or as physical labels for an upcoming exhibition - if you wish to remain anonymous, please let us know.
thanks, --the Committee on 20th Century Political Science at the MSM
1. Do you now own or have you ever owned a Nixon Mask?
2. Have you ever owned more than one Nixon Mask?
3. If you have never owned a Nixon Mask, do you wish you had?
4. Whether or not you have ever owned a Nixon Mask, have any of your friends or neighbors ever owned a Nixon Mask?
5. If so, do you have any good stories about it?
6. Whether or not you have ever owned a Nixon Mask, have you ever worn a Nixon Mask?
7. If so, what was it like? Please be honest and complete in recounting your experiences while wearing a Nixon Mask - see questions 11-28, below, for an idea of what we're interested in.
8. If you own or have owned a Nixon mask(s), why and how and when did you get it/them?
9. Describe the mask(s).
10. Where did you wear it?
11. How did it make you feel?
12. How did other people react?
13. What did you wear with it?
14. Did a pet ever chew on the Nixon Mask?
15. Did the Nixon Mask ever get left outside and afterwards show signs of weathering?
16. Have you ever bought a Nixon Mask used or in a thrift store, or even found one in the trash or in the park or the woods, and if so, did you put it on?
17. What was it like?
18. For all Nixon Masks, what props did you hold/carry?
19. Did you do and/or say things, while wearing the mask, that you would not normally do or say?
20. While wearing your Nixon Mask, did anything good happen to you?
21. While wearing your Nixon Mask, did anything bad happen to you?
22. While wearing your Nixon Mask, did you ever do anything you're proud of?
23. While wearing your Nixon Mask, did you ever do anything you're ashamed of?
24. While wearing your Nixon Mask, did you ever do anything you wouldn't want to describe to your parents?
25. While wearing your Nixon Mask, were you ever arrested?
26. Speaking now in broader terms, what does the Nixon Mask represent to you?
27. And is there anything else you'd like to say about Nixon Masks?
Would you consider donating your Nixon Mask to the Main Street Museum in White River Junction, Vermont, for a special display to run through October-November 2007, and thereafter to become part of the Museum's permanent costume collection?
If so, you can ship your Nixon Mask to:
· The Main Street Museum, 58 Bridge Street, White River Junction, Vermont, 05001
- please note, all gifts are final, and masks become property of the
Main Street Museum.
- please forward this questionnaire to anyone interested in political
science or anyone who you think is cockeyed enough to appreciate it.